- Of what selective advantage are the compounds that inhibit the growth of other plants' roots?
- What's the difference between a small root and a root hair?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of a fibrous root system? A taproot system?
- Why are roots important to plants? Why are they important to animals?
- Describe how roots modify the soil.
- What is the difference between an essential element and a beneficial element?
- Criteria for establishing the essentiality of an element for plants have been around for several decades. Why, then, are essential elements still being discovered?
- How are root nodules different from mycorrhizae?
- Explain why removing living organisms from a soil can modify the properties of a soil.
- Discuss the adaptations of plants for obtaining sufficient amounts of nutrients.
Was this article helpful?
This is an easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide to growing organic, healthy vegetable, herbs and house plants without soil. Clearly illustrated with black and white line drawings, the book covers every aspect of home hydroponic gardening.
Get My Free Ebook