Types of Workouts
The Warrior Zero Body Weight Challenge
The following two routines are basic workouts to build muscle strength. Choose the routine that is best for you based on the time available, your goals, your training experience, and your fitness level. More advanced workouts should only be performed once you have a solid muscle strength and endurance base and have perfected your lifting form. For more information on these more advanced routines (such as pyramids, super sets, and split routines) see your Command Fitness Coordinator or a certified fitness professional at your gym.
- Full body workouts - All the major muscle groups (as listed in Worksheet B-2) are exercised during a single session. Perform one to two sets of an exercise for each muscle group and rest between sets. This should take 20-45 minutes. For general strength training purposes: workout at least twice a week.
- Circuit Training - Combines aerobic and strength exercise stations. Each exercise station takes 30-45 seconds to perform and stations alternate between upper and lower body exercises. The circuit is repeated two or more times per session. Circuit training improves aerobic conditioning and moderately increases strength when performed three times per week. This routine is good for people who have less than 45 minutes to do both aerobic and strength exercises. (See Table 10-2 for an example.)
Use the guidelines in this chapter provided to develop a sound strength training program. Alternate exercises for each muscle group at least every eight weeks to maximize strength gains, enhance job-related fitness, and have fun!
In this chapter you will learn about:
- Proper form and guidelines for performing calisthenics.
- Designing a calisthenic exercise program.
- Abdominal exercise techniques.
Calisthenics require minimal equipment and can be performed in almost any location. These exercises can be used to develop and maintain muscle strength and muscle endurance, and can be particularly useful when strength training equipment is not available.
Was this article helpful?
100 Fitness Tips EVERY Fitness Buff Should Know. This Report 100 Fitness Tips will help you Utilize These Tips to Get Fit amp Healthy Starting Today.
Get My Free Ebook