Buying Vitamin and Mineral Supplements
Some facts to know before buying a supplement are
- Amount of Nutrients - Take a multi-vitamin and mineral supplement that supplies nutrients in amounts close to the RDA/DRIs (Chapter 2). Excessive amounts of a single nutrient can cause a deficiency of other nutrients. Avoid "high potency" supplements.
- Natural Versus Synthetic Vitamins - Both forms can be used by your body, but if a supplement is labelled "natural" it costs mor
- Expiration Date - Avoid supplements that expire in 6 months.
- Stress tablets are a marketing ploy.
- Men should not take iron supplements, unless directed by their doctor.
Was this article helpful?