Benefits of Cardiorespiratory Exercise
The benefits of cardiorespiratory, or aerobic, conditioning include:
- A stronger heart and lower resting heart rate.
- Fitness and performance benefits, such as increased aerobic capacity and muscle endurance.
- Health benefits, such as maintenance of a healthy body weight and body fat percentage, management of stress, and decreased blood cholesterol and fat (triglycerides) levels.
- Increased performance in physically-demanding jobs such as lift-and-carries.
- Increased muscle tone and enhanced physical appearance.
Was this article helpful?