Tips for Healthy Eating in Restaurants
- Order foods high in complex CHO (see Chapter 2, page 8).
- Choose foods described as baked, broiled, steamed, poached, smoked, roasted, grilled, flame-cooked, and marinara.
- Order green salads, plain potatoes and rice. Ask for any condiments, such as salad dressings, gravy, cheese, croutons and sour cream "on the side;" use only a portion of what is served.
- Order dessert after you have eaten your main course only if you are still hungry. Select sorbet, sherbet, frozen yogurt, ice milk, fruit, or angel food cake.
- Trim all visible fat off the meat.
- Limit portions of margarine, butter and sour cream.
- Eat plain rolls, breadsticks or crackers rather than biscuits, chips or nuts as an appetizer. Or ask for your salad to be served as your appetizer.
- Avoid foods described as fried, breaded, battered, flaky, crispy, creamy, au gratin, puffed, loaded, and tempura. Also, avoid hollandaise and bearnaise sauces.
- Limit alcohol consumption.
Was this article helpful?
Anyone who wants to experience better health and fitness... Discover Simple Techniques To Getting Fitter amp Healthier And Staying That Way, Starting Today! This Guide Will Show You Easy Ways To Get Fit And Get Healthy No Fluff, No Fillers...Just Useful Techniques You Can Start Using Today.
Get My Free Ebook