Calcium A Closer Look

The human body contains more calcium than any other mineral. For an average 130-pound adult, about 1,200 grams—almost 3 pounds—of the body is calcium. Your body composition, of course, depends on the size of your body frame; the density of your bones; and, if you're older, how much bone you've lost through aging.

Of that amount, about 99 percent of your body's calcium is in your bones. The remaining 1 percent is in your other body fluids and cells. Calcium is as important to you as an adult as it was during your childhood. The reasons really aren't that different.

Was this article helpful?

0 0
Green Smoothies

Green Smoothies

Do You Want To Know About A Magical Drink? A Drink That Is A Refreshing Twist For Every Party! A Drink That Is Full of Nutrients And Energy! Green Smoothies A Perfect Blend of Fruits And Green Vegetables!

Get My Free Ebook

Post a comment