Previous page 111
next page >
- Flegal, K.M., Carroll, M.D., Kuczmarski, R.J. and Johnson, C.L. (1998) Over-weight and obesity in the United States; prevalence and trends, 19601994. Int. J. Obes. 22, 3947.
- Colditz, G. (1992) Economic costs of obesity. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 55, S503S507.
- Macdonald, H. (1993) Flavour development from cocoa bean to chocolate bar. The Biochemist 15 (2), 35.
- Wardle, J. and Solomons, W. (1994) Naughty but nice: a laboratory study of health information and food preferences in a community sample. Health Psychol. 13, 180183.
- Nielson, N. (1995) Chocolate. Trevi, Stockholm.
- Rossner, S. (1997) Chocolate divine food, fattening junk or nutritious supplementation? Eur. J. Clin. Nutr. 51, 341345.
- James, A. (1990) The good, the bad and the delicious: the role of confectionery in British society. Sociol. Rev., 38, 666688.
- Sichieri, R., Everhart, J.E. and Hubbard, V.S. (1992) Relative weight classifications in the assessment of underweight and over-weight in the United States. Int. J. Obes. 16, 303312.
- Garrow, J.S. and Webster, J. (1985) Quetelet's index (W/H2) as a measure of fatness. Int. J. Obes. 9, 147153.
- RCP (1983) Royal College of Physicians Obesity Report. J. Royal Coll. Physicians 17, 358.
- Kumanyika, S., Antipatis, V., Jeffery, R., Morabia, A., Ritenbaugh, L. and James, W.P.T. (1998) The International Obesity Task Force: its role in public health prevention. Appetite 31, 426428.
- Ashwell, M., LeJeune, S. and McPherson, K. (1996) Ratio of waist circumference to height may be a better indicator of need for weight management. BMJ 312, 377.
- Bouchard, C. (1997) Human variation in body mass: evidence for a role of the genes. Nutr. Rev. 55, S21S27.
- Trayhurn, P. (1996) New insights into the development of obesity: obese genes and the leptin system. Proc. Nutr. Soc. 55, 783791.
- Doucet, E. and Tremblay, A. (1997) Food intake, energy balance and body weight control. Eur. J. Clin. Nutr. 51, 846855.
- Drewnowski, A., Brunzell, J.D., Sande, K., Iverius, P.H. and Greenwood, M.R.C. (1985) Sweet tooth reconsidered: taste responsiveness in human obesity. Physiol. Behav. 35, 617622.
- Mela, D.J. (1996) Eating behaviour, food preferences and dietary intake in relation to obesity and body-weight status. Proc. Nutr. Soc. 55, 803816.
- Green, S.M., Delargy, H.J., Joanes, D. and Blundell, J.E. (1997) A satiety quotient: a formulation to assess the satiating effect of food. Appetite 29, 291304.
- Rolls, B.J., Hetherington, M.M. and Burley, V.J. (1988) The specificity of satiety: the influence of different macro-nutrient content on the development of satiety. Physiol. Behav. 43, 145153.
- Rolls, B.J., Kim-Harris, S., Fischman, M.W., Foltin, R.W., Moran, T.H. and Stoner, S.A. (1994) Satiety after preloads with different amounts of fat and carbohydrate: implications for obesity. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 60, 476487.
Was this article helpful?