Nutrition and Organ Network
- An excess of hot foods should be avoided to keep the spirit and heart calm.
- Avoid further stimulating external heat (climate factor) or "inner" heat resulting from stress and frenzy or from drinking coffee or eating acrid spices.
- An excess of bitter flavors can dry out blood and body fluids.
- Building up heart yin through dietary measures can support blood.
- Blood stagnation, similar to qi stagnation, can only be partially resolved through dietary measures, and is more successfully treated with acupuncture and Chinese herbs.
Was this article helpful?
Ever wondered what Chinese medicine is all about and whether it works? Thinking about consulting a practitioner but want to know some facts first? Look no further! Here's your chance to purchase an in depth and fully comprehensive eBook on anything and everything to do with this ancient philosophy.
Get My Free Ebook