Bowel Zang Organ Spleen Pancreas Pi SP
"In charge of economy and nutrition" The spleen is the material foundation of the body and root of acquired qi. It is responsible for absorption, distribution, transformation, and creation of energy from food.
Role in TCM:
- Governs transformation, transport, and processing of food and energy.
- Retains the blood in the blood vessels.
- Governs muscles and extremities.
- Opens at mouth and lips.
- Governs upbearing qi, keeps the organs in place.
- Houses the mind (zhi).
Association with the five phases:
- Emotions: Brooding, worries, pensiveness
- Climate factor: Dampness
- Season: Late summer, early fall
- Direction: Center
- Color: Yellow
- Flavor: Sweet
- Time of day: 9-11 a.m.
Was this article helpful?
Worried For Your Health More Than Ever? Want To PREVENT Rather Than CURE Your Illness? Then WE are the only ones who can answer YOUR concern of time by presenting the exclusive work piece, the explicit and special eBook on CHINESE HERBS- the call of time.
Get My Free Ebook